Regain a Healthy Bite and Beautiful Smile with Implant-Supported Dentures
Missing most or all of your teeth can dramatically affect your appearance, ability to chew, and self-confidence.
For patients with extensive tooth loss, implant-supported dentures can restore complete dental function and aesthetics, as well as promote lifelong jaw health.
At Fort Bend Dental in Richmond and Missouri City, TX, we use the latest technology to make treatment as comfortable and efficient as possible for patients throughout Fort Bend County...
Denture Stabilization Options at Fort Bend Dental
See dental implants in action...
Missing teeth can seem like a hopeless situation...
But Implants Provide Hope for Millions with Missing Teeth
According to the American College of Prosthodontists, approximately 40 million Americans are missing all of their teeth. But the ever-advancing field of implant dentistry has given hope to many of these patients.
What if I already have dentures, but hate the way they slip and slide?
Convert Your Existing Dentures
Many patients don't understand the discomfort that traditional dentures can cause until they have experienced it firsthand.
If you originally chose conventional dentures but now find that they slip, click, or move too much, talk to our dentists about converting your dentures into implant-supported prosthetics. If they are in good condition and still fit your smile, we may be able to stabilize them with dental implants.
If you need a new set of dentures, our team of dentists can design your restoration to fit securely and complement the rest of your facial contours. We also partner with a skilled dental laboratory, where technicians use top-of-the-line techniques and materials. Whether you choose a ball-retained or a bar-retained denture, your prosthetic will look and feel natural.
What Are Implant-Supported Dentures?
Similar to traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures can replace most or all of your teeth. They are available as full and partial restorations, both of which attach to implant posts. Your dentist will usually set between four and six posts, based upon the size of your restoration and your jawbone density. For some candidates we can place only four strategically angled posts to support an entire dental arch, using the All-on-4® technique.
As your denture will rest against your gums without a plastic base, metal clasps, or adhesive, it will look and feel natural.
At our practice, we offer two types of implant-supported dentures, including:
- Bar-retained dentures: This restoration has a bar that runs between each of the implant posts. Your denture will clip onto the bar. This prosthetic is removable, so you will need to take it out for daily cleaning. However, it will still be incredibly stable.
- Ball-retained dentures: This restoration features a ball and socket mechanism, attaching the prosthetic directly onto the implant posts. You can choose a removable or permanently attached denture. This type will also provide remarkable stability.
After evaluating your smile, your dentist can recommendation the best option for your needs and goals.
Placing Your Restorations
To ensure a successful implant surgery, your practitioner will carefully plan the procedure, choosing the strongest areas for the implant posts. Just before your surgery, we can administer anesthesia and sedation to ensure your comfort. Once you are ready, your doctor can place the implants through small incisions in your gums, which he will close around the posts as soon as they are in place.
Ensure a Smooth Recovery
Recovery usually takes four to six months. During this time, the posts will permanently integrate with the surrounding bone tissue and replace your dental roots. For your comfort, we may provide a temporary removable denture, which you can wear until you receive your permanent restoration. In some cases, however, we can attach a same-day denture using the innovative All-on-4 technique. Once you have fully recovered, we can secure your final restoration. Made from advanced materials, it will have a realistic color and match the curvature of your jaw and lips.
The Unrivaled Benefits
Although our traditional dentures can noticeably improve your appearance and oral function, our implant-supported restorations offer added benefits:
- Your prosthetic will not slip out of place, so you can feel confident about your smile. You will also be able to enjoy a full range of foods, usually without any restrictions.
- As your denture will rest against your gums without a plastic base, metal clasps, or adhesive, it will look and feel natural.
- Implant-supported dentures lead to better oral hygiene, as food and bacterial will not get trapped beneath.
- The implants can protect your jawbone health and the overall shape of your face. By sending out regenerative signals like your normal dental roots, they can promote new tissue growth and prevent jaw recession.
- Because the posts will preserve the shape of your jaw, your denture will not need adjustments to fit the changing contours of your mouth.
Not only can dentures improve the appearance of your smile, but they can also increase your sense of confidence and help you achieve an overall better quality of life.
Restore Your Smile Today
To learn more about implant-supported dentures and find out if they are appropriate for you, contact us today and schedule your consultation at Fort Bend Dental. You can also call (281) 499-3541 for our Missouri City office or (281) 342-6178 for our Richmond location. We welcome patients from throughout Fort Bend County.