LANAP Laser Gum Therapy
When gum disease advances beyond a mild-to-moderate infection, it is known as periodontitis. This condition, if untreated, can lead to several serious oral health complications. Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®) can eliminate associated symptoms and address the root cause of aggressive gum disease for patients in Missouri City and Richmond, Texas.
How LANAP Laser Gum Therapy Works
Typically, patients would expect to undergo a surgical incision procedure to treat infected gums. The bones beneath targeted areas are scraped to eradicate infection. Bone grafts are often needed to restore and strengthen treated or weakened structures. This process is often lengthy and painful, requiring suturing of gums to the teeth to complete restorations. Initial recovery can prevent patients from returning to normal activities such as work and sports. Follow-up care may impact how long it takes to get back to life as normal.
When you choose LANAP laser gum therapy, no sutures or incisions are involved in the procedure. A laser is used to remove bacteria and infections from the gums. This is a minimally invasive process that does not damage healthy tissue. Recovery time is significantly reduced and results in less pain.
LANAP Laser Gum Therapy Benefits
LANAP laser gum therapy may provide effective solutions if you have gum disease. Lower occurrences of gum bleeding, swelling and gum loss are some benefits. Rather than enduring the pain and recovery of bone grafts, regeneration is a natural result of the procedure. Many patients in Richmond and Missouri City, TX, can return to normal life within 24 hours of treatment.
- Faster Healing – LANAP® is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns – LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Is LANAP Laser Gum Therapy Right for You?
If you are concerned about the impact of gum disease, speak to your dentist about LANAP laser gum therapy at Fort Bend Dental. We have a team of dedicated professionals committed to protecting your oral health.
Gum disease is a catchall phrase for a spectrum of ailments ranging from gingivitis to periodontitis. When you notice redness, bleeding, inflammation or pain in the gums, reach out to Fort Bend Dental. These symptoms indicate that your gums are infected or suffering from another oral health condition. Dr. Andrew Dugum and our in-house specialty Periodontics Department offers non-surgical and surgical solutions for protecting your teeth and gums.
Failing to address periodontitis can lead to severe complications from infection, such as tooth loss. Heart disease, diabetes, stroke and dementia are just some of the health problems that are linked to poor oral health. If you need specialist care for your teeth and gums, call Fort Bend Dental today.
Contact Fort Bend Dental for a preliminary examination. We will provide recommendations which may include LANAP laser gum therapy for the removal of harmful bacteria and infections.