Your local dentist offers treatments to improve the health and appearance of your smile. Through a combination of cosmetic dentistry treatments, our team of doctors in Richmond, TX and Missouri City, TX can perform your smile makeover, giving you a more beautiful smile.
Restorative dentistry treatments, on the other hand, restore the health and function of your teeth and gums. Here, you can learn about the difference between restorative and cosmetic treatments as our doctors discuss smile makeover vs. full mouth reconstruction.
What Is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Restorative dentistry is a broad group of dental treatments that repair tooth decay, damage, or loss. They also refer to treatment for periodontal issues (such as gum disease or periodontitis).
These treatments can restore the function and aesthetics the smile. A full mouth dental reconstruction combines several restorative treatments to correct significant and widespread dental health issues.
Full mouth reconstruction is not for all patients: typically, our doctors perform these comprehensive treatments on patients who have advanced periodontal disease, tooth decay, or several missing or damaged teeth.
What to Expect with Full Mouth Reconstruction
Each treatment plan varies depending on the patient’s unique needs. However, many full mouth reconstruction treatments include several procedures, such as:
- Root canal therapy: to remove infection and inflammation from the inner tooth
- Extractions: to remove teeth that are negatively affecting overall oral health or severely damaged
- Dental implants: to restore missing tooth roots through permanent, fixed titanium posts
- Dental crowns: to protect a vulnerable tooth by securing a protective cap around the visible area of the tooth’s outer surface
- Dental bridges: to replace one or more consecutive missing teeth with a dental prosthesis connected between two dental crowns
What Is a Smile Makeover?
Unlike full mouth reconstruction, which is performed to restore a patient’s oral health after widespread damage or disease, a smile makeover is for patients who have healthy teeth and gums.
This treatment plan focuses on improving the aesthetics of the smile. For many of our patients who have misaligned, yellowed, chipped, or crooked teeth, a smile makeover can drastically improve the appearance of the smile and boost their confidence and self-esteem.
What to Expect with a Smile Makeover
Several cosmetic procedures are typically associated with a smile makeover. These can include:
- Teeth whitening: to safely lighten tooth enamel up to eight shades brighter
- Porcelain veneers: to mask imperfections in the teeth by covering the front surfaces with thin, ceramic coverings
- Orthodontics: to create a straighter, more even alignment of teeth
- Crowns: to improve the appearance of damaged teeth
- Dental bonding: to correct small imperfections, such as gapped teeth or chipped teeth, with a tooth-colored composite material
Healthy, Beautiful Smiles
If you are interested in improving your appearance with a smile makeover, or want to dramatically improve the health of your teeth and gums with full mouth reconstruction, our experienced dental team is here to help. Contact our practice today to schedule your consultation with one of our local dentists. Call us at (281) 342-6178 or (281) 499-3541.