When it comes to unpleasant experiences at the dentist, it is not uncommon to hear patients complain about getting a dental impression. A traditional dental impression involves biting down on a tray of soft gooey material to get an “imprint” of your teeth. Impressions are needed for dental restorations such as crowns, bridges or dentures. Unfortunately, this method of getting a dental impression can bring discomfort, a bad taste and a gag reflex for many patients.
At Fort Bend Dental, we proudly use the most advanced dental technology to help patients avoid such aversions in the dental chair. Instead of gooey dental impressions, our dentists use the iTero Digital Scanner for a comfortable, quick and nearly touch-free experience. In just seconds, the iTero scanner can non-invasively create highly precise 3D images of the teeth so that your dental restorations are more customized than ever before – and no one has to gag during the process.
Benefits of iTero Scanner in Dental Care
The iTero scanner is a digital scanner that is used in dental care to capture images of a patient’s teeth and gums. Here are some of the benefits of using an iTero scanner during your dental care experience at Fort Bend Dental:
- Accuracy: The iTero scanner provides highly accurate and detailed images of a patient’s teeth and gums. This accuracy helps our dentists to provide better diagnosis and treatment planning for you.
- Comfort: The iTero scanner is a non-invasive and painless tool that does not require any uncomfortable impressions of the teeth. Patients simply sit back and relax while the scanner captures detailed images of their teeth.
- Speed: The iTero scanner captures images quickly and efficiently, reducing the amount of time patients spend in the dental chair.
- Improved patient communication: The images captured by the iTero scanner can be used to create 3D models of a patient’s teeth and gums, making it easier for your Fort Bend dentist to communicate with you about your treatment options.
- Better treatment outcomes: The detailed images provided by the iTero scanner help us to plan and execute more precise and effective treatments, resulting in better outcomes for our patients.
- Digital records: The iTero scanner creates digital records of a patient’s teeth and gums, which can be stored electronically and easily accessed in the future. This makes it easier for our Missouri City dentists to track changes over time and provide better ongoing care for our patients.
To learn more about the iTero scanner or other modern dental technologies used at Fort Bend Dental, please give our Missouri City dental office a call. We value the importance of using advanced technology to improve your dental care experience in every way!
Posted on behalf of