Completely Restore Your Oral Health with a Full Mouth Reconstruction
The experienced dentists at Fort Bend Dental in Missouri City, TX, can design a full mouth reconstruction plan that will improve the size, shape, function, and health of your teeth and gums. By combining multiple restorative treatments, such as tooth-colored fillings and dental crowns into one plan, you can streamline your treatment and minimize the amount of office visits needed. Once your full mouth reconstruction is complete, your chewing, speaking, and self-confidence may improve, and you can look forward to relief from related symptoms.
We provide a suite of restorative and cosmetic procedures to meet a variety of needs.
Patient Story - Linda Levey
What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
When patients are experiencing a number of restorative and cosmetic oral health issues, a full mouth reconstruction may be recommended as a comprehensive solution. Your personalized full mouth reconstruction plan can address:
- Tooth decay and gum disease
- Chipped or worn teeth
- Fractured teeth or missing teeth
- Dental staining and discoloration
Some procedures can be performed all at once, but in other cases, they may need to be phased out over several appointments to allow time to recover.
Common Treatments Combined in a Full Mouth Reconstruction
At Fort Bend Dental, we provide a suite of restorative and cosmetic procedures to meet a variety of needs:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: We provide composite resin fillings rather than silver restorations as a means to repair teeth that have been damaged by mild to moderate decay. Your doctor can tint the resin to blend with the natural shade of your tooth, improving both your dental function and the aesthetics of your smile.
- Inlays and Onlays: When damage to a tooth is too severe for a filling, but not extensive enough for a dental crown, a customized inlay or onlay made with our CEREC technology can restore the structural integrity of your tooth.
- Dental Crowns: This restorative approach is necessary when more than 50 percent of a tooth is severely damaged or decayed. Made from durable and lifelike porcelain, our CEREC machine can design a customized crown in a single visit.
- Extractions: When a tooth is unable to be repaired, your dentist may remove it in order to prevent further damage or decay from affecting surrounding teeth. An extraction is often necessary when there is severe overcrowding.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants provide the closest solution to permanently replacing missing teeth. Small titanium posts surgically inserted into your jawbone will mimic your natural tooth roots and can support a single dental crown, dental bridge, or implant-supported denture.
- Dental Bridges: This customized restoration is designed to fill in the gap left by one or more missing teeth. Your options include a traditional bridge, supported by dental crowns and your remaining adjacent teeth, or an implant-supported bridge.
- Dentures: With modern technology, we are able to provide extremely lifelike partial, full, and implant-supported dentures to completely restore your smile.
- Periodontal Care: We offer a wide range of periodontal treatments, such as scaling and root planing, ARESTIN® antibiotic treatment, and flap surgery to treat and reverse the effects of gum disease.
- TMJ Treatment: If you are experiencing jaw pain, toothaches, and headaches as a result of inflamed temporomandibular joints (TMJ disorder), your doctor may recommend BOTOX® therapy or a customized night guard to alleviate your discomfort.
- Orthodontic Treatments: For dental misalignment and moderate malocclusion, we provide orthodontic treatment through Invisalign® trays to create a straighter and healthier smile.
Achieve a Healthy Smile
If you have multiple oral health concerns that need to be addressed, you may benefit from a full mouth reconstruction. Contact our office today electronically or by calling 281-499-3541 to reach our Missouri City office and 281-342-6178 for our Richmond office.