How Much Does Invisalign® Cost?
Some people dislike the idea of straightening their teeth with traditional metal braces. Fortunately there’s another option. Invisalign® is a discreet orthodontic treatment that makes it possible to achieve a straighter smile without the use of obtrusive metal braces.
Traditional orthodontic treatment has a reputation for being costly, which leads many to assume that Invisalign is out of their budget. In actuality, Invisalign can cost less than traditional orthodontics. At Fort Bend Dental, our team of dentists are available to discuss Invisalign cost for patients in Missouri City, TX, Richmond, TX, and throughout Fort Bend County.
What Affects Invisalign Cost?
Invisalign straightens the smile through a series of clear aligner trays. These trays must be worn throughout the day and night, but may be removed to eat and brush and floss the teeth. Aligners are worn for several months to over a year until the desired results are achieved.
Each patient’s costs will vary based on their unique needs. Some factors that affect the cost of Invisalign include:
- Length of treatment: Treatment times vary depending on each patient’s needs. On average, treatment takes between 12 and 18 months. Those who require more time to straighten their teeth will have higher costs.
- Complexity of dental issues: More complex alignment issues tend to increase the cost of Invisalign. This is because more dental visits are typically required as well as more Invisalign aligners.
- Insurance coverage: Invisalign is covered by some dental insurance plans. Whether or not insurance will cover any Invisalign costs depends on your dental insurance plan.
- Retainers after treatment: Similar to traditional orthodontics, some patients will need to wear retainers after treatment to maintain the results of Invisalign.
So How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
There isn’t one set price for Invisalign. This is because each patient has different needs and different dental issues that affect the overall cost of Invisalign.
With that said, Invisalign generally costs between $3,000 to $8,000 before any insurance coverage is taken into account. Most patients fall somewhere in the middle, around $5,000. Depending on dental insurance coverage, the costs to the patient can be significantly less.
Paying for Invisalign
There are many options when it comes to paying for Invisalign to make this treatment option affordable for most budgets. Some ways to pay for Invisalign include:
- Dental insurance: Many dental plans that cover traditional orthodontics also cover Invisalign. The exact amount depends on the plan, but some cover as much as 50% of Invisalign treatment.
- Pay with an FSA or HSA: Those who have a flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) may use pre-tax dollars from these accounts to pay for Invisalign treatment.
- Set up a payment plan with your dentist: Many dental offices that offer Invisalign will work with patients to set up affordable payment plans.
- Finance through a third party: Third party lenders may also be an option to make Invisalign treatment affordable. CareCredit offers finance plans for healthcare expenses, including Invisalign.
Learn More about Invisalign
Don’t let fears over the cost of Invisalign prevent you from seeking treatment. Our team is happy to work with you to make treatment work for your budget. To learn more about Invisalign, call (281) 336-9899 and schedule an appointment.