Have you ever wished that you could wake up one morning and suddenly have straight and beautiful teeth? While traditional orthodontic methods, such as braces and Invisalign® aligners, are certainly effective, they do take several months to achieve noticeable results. Instead, patients can have porcelain veneers placed on their teeth. Porcelain veneers dramatically improve the appearance of the teeth in a short timeframe, typically within one or two weeks. They can even be used to address mild crookedness, a twisted tooth, or misshaped teeth, all of which contribute to the appearance of misaligned teeth. To find out if you are a good candidate for instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers, contact our Missouri City, TX or Richmond, TX practice today.
Factors that Contribute to the Appearance of Crooked Teeth
You may be surprised to learn that crooked teeth can be treated without orthodontics. With porcelain veneers, we use the tooth-shaped porcelain shells to create the appearance of straighter teeth, without actually straightening them. Some of the dental imperfections that can result in the appearance of crooked teeth include:
- Tooth crowding: If you have mild crowding of the teeth, we can remove some of the natural tooth structure and design a set of veneers that will make your teeth appear as though they are evenly aligned.
- A twisted or turned tooth: If you have a single tooth that is twisted or turned, we can remove some of the natural tooth structure, and then place a veneer that sits flush with the surrounding teeth.
- Misshaped or disproportionately sized teeth: If you have misshaped teeth, or a tooth that appears too large or too small in comparison to the surrounding teeth, we can use veneers to address the size and shape of the teeth.
- Gapped teeth: Gaps between the teeth can be closed with porcelain veneers. We will design your veneers in a slightly greater width than your natural teeth to fill in any gaps.
- An uneven gum line: If you have an uneven gum line, this can make your teeth appear crooked even if they are aligned. Although porcelain veneers alone will not address the gum line, we can perform laser gum contouring in combination with veneers treatment to improve the appearance of your smile.
Designing Your New Smile
Our dentists will take your areas of concern into account when designing your veneers. Your custom veneers can be fabricated in various shades, sizes, and shapes, so it is important to choose a dentist that will consider your dental imperfections, unique concerns, and surrounding features when designing your veneers.
It is also important to properly prepare the teeth, particularly when addressing concerns such as mild crookedness or a twisted tooth. We want to make sure that the veneers will sit flush with surrounding teeth, and we do not want the veneers to look bulky.
The dentists at Fort Bend Dental have the training and experience to design your veneers and prepare your teeth for treatment. To find out if instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers is right for you, contact Fort Bend Dental today.